The weather is getting cold and its time to have some comfort food.
After you checked out this recipe, you will want home-made gyoza/dumplings all the time.
Not only they are simple to make, you can be super generous with the fillings.
Plus you know exactly what goes in, and none of the addictive and preservatives.
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!
These savory pan fried Japanese style yaki-gyoza/ dumpling appetizers are wrapped with pork and spinach served with a vinegary dipping sauce.
It's great fun creating these juicy dainty Asian treats; they are so delicious too. Make more than you intended, because they will won't last.
- 500g pork mince
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 packet of dumpling pastry
- 50ml light soy sauce
- 40ml oyster sauce
- 10ml cooking wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chicken powder
- 5ml seasme oil
- Salt & pepper
- 30ml dumpling sauce
- 50ml cooking oil
- 50ml water
Now the fun part:
7. Arrange your gyoza/dumpling work station as shown.
8. Unwrap the pastry from the packet and leave it in room temperature for 5 minutes.
9. You will need a dumpling press maker tool.
16. Or you can just seal the edges with your hands, too.
18. Arrange Gyoza in an oiled fry pan so they do not overlap each other.
19. Shallow pan fry on high heat.