(c) GMV -Got My Vote!
I always remember this dish fondly. Perhaps its because of the tangy, refreshing taste, or I was really tricked into believing that its real crab :)
This is very versatile salad and you can enjoy it on its own, or use it as a sandwich filling or make California sushi roll with it.
I am using the seafood highlighter in this salad dip, but, of course you can use real crab meat - and that would taste so gourmet.
If you are not a fan of crab, you can replace it with tuna, prawn or chicken.
- 250g seafood highlighter (imitation crab meat)
- 50g chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoon thousand island dressing
- 1/2 lemon
- 10g finely diced French onion
- 10g finely diced apple
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
6. Half way through the blending, add in the lemon juice and olive oil.
7. Continue blending until you achieve a nice fine coarse texture.
8. Season with salt.
9. Scoop the crab dip from the blender and set in the fridge over 1 hour before serving.
10. In a fry pan, shallow pan fry the ribboned seafood highlighter.
11. Season with salt and place on top of the crab dip salad.
12. Serve the salad dip with fresh avocado slices and lemon wedges.
It is the guilt-free kind of salad!~