In this recipe, I am using my own concoction - smoked cod pate instead of taramasalata. If you want to save time, you can use a pre made deli dip.
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!
- 1 large round eggplant
- 12 large scallops
- 2 ripe truss tomatoes
- 200g smoked cod pate
- 10g fresh dill
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 30g dukkah
- Pink salt and black pepper to season
12. Spread an ample amount of smoked cod pate on a slice of eggplant.
13. Place 3 seared scallops on the smoked cod pate.
14. Then top with another eggplant slice like an sandwich.
15. Top with a spoonful of tomato salsa.
16. Garnish with fresh dill and dukkah dusts.
17. Serve immediately.
It is a beautiful modern Greek Moussaka based on Alpha's signature dish. It tastes rich, creamy and so easy to make. For those who are not residing in Sydney, this is one dish you should give it a go.
It is a perfect appetizer with BBQ and looks gorgeous at the same time.
Original Peter Conistis's signature recipe for Scallop Moussaka can be found Here.