It was a simple vegetarian classic potato gnocchi served with baked ricotta, basil, Napolitana sauce and topped with eggplants.
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!
Tonight, I am recreating something similar and I've also topped my gnoochi with some shaved ham :)
This is an ultimate comfort food dish.
- 1 packet of potato gnocchi
- 200g fresh baby rocket salad
-150g shaved ham
-1 large eggplant
-1 brown onion
-1 jar of ricotta sauce
-1 clove of garlic
-4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
-2 tablespoon fresh Parmesan cheese
-Salt and black pepper to season
10. Pour in the ricotta sauce (or tomato puree paste) and stir to evenly cover all ingredients.
11. Add the gnocchi into the pan.
12. Reduce heat to medium.
13. Evenly coat the gnocchi in the rich tomato sauce.
14. Add in the rocket leave (basil would work as well).
15. Let the sauce simmer to intensify the flavour and colour.
16. Divide the gnocchi into 6 equal servings.
(Gnocchi are very filling, so reduce the serving portion)
17. Top with shaved ham and fresh parmesan cheese shaves.
18. Season with black pepper.
19. Garnish with baby rocket and herbs.
A really good hearty pasta dish and it tastes even better when reheated the next day.