This is a homely hearty pot wonder for winter. Tonight it's curry time.
A warming curry for cold Winter days... It's hard to manage a balanced diet when all you want is to stuff your face with junky comfort food.
On a cold night like tonight, this curry is the quintessential choice for dinner at my place. It's quick, easy and so heart warming delicious.
This is one of my fav winter meals - a full plate of steamy hot curry packed with loads of vegetables & thick pork cuts. This curry is thickened like gravy and is sweeter and milder than the Thai/Indian curries.
The ultimate comfort food!
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!
A simple yet satisfying meal after a long day.
- 300g pork fillet
- 3 large potato peeled and diced into large cubes.
- 6 carrot peeled and diced
- 3 French onion diced
- 1 curry roux block
- 4 cups of rice
- 4 cups of beef stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to season
- 3 tablespoon of cooking oil
1. Heat cooking oil in a large heavy bottomed pan over medium heat then add in the pork.
2. Saute until golden brown and starting to caramelise.
3. Break the curry block into 3 pieces and add them into the pan.
4. Stir well to combine.
5. The curry block will dissolve into a paste after 3 minutes.
6. Stir to coat the meat well in the curry paste.
7. Add in the onions.
8. Let them simmer for 2-3 minutes until soften.
9. Add in the potato chunks.
10. Stir to coat the potato.
11. Add a teaspoon of sugar.
12. Lastly, add the carrots.
13. Stir gently until all ingredients are well combined.
14. Pour in the beef stock and bring it to boil over medium heat.
15. Transfer all into a deep heavy-base pot.
16. Change to low heat and simmer until the pork is tender and carrots soften.
17. You can add in more curry block if you like a thicker consistency.
18. Add in the peas. This dish will not be the same without those little green bubbles popping out of the dark curry sauce.
19. Serve with steamy hot rice at the side.
Everyone is bound to ask for second serving of this delicious mild curry. So mild even the kids will enjoy it.