This noodle dish is reserved for special occasions. As the name suggested, it symbolises long life and is very popular on birthdays.
Two eggs, poached to translucent perfection float in a delicious mushroom soy broth, topped with smoky mince and garlic chives. It is a textural, flavoursome delight.
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!
Have a happy birthday with a lot of love from all of us.
- 1 packet of longevity noodles
- 7 eggs
- 200g chives
- 200g shiitake mushroom
- 1 small onion
- 200g minced pork
- 2 tablespoon fried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken powder
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon black rice vinegar
- Salt & pepper to season
- 3 cups of chicken/pork stock
11. Crack an egg into a ladle and dunk it slowly in to the boiling broth
15. Blanch the longevity noodle according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
16. Add the blanched longevity noodles into the pot and stir gently to loosen them up.
(Tip: The noodles will absorb the broth quickly, make sure you are happy with with seasoning. Adjust if necessary.)
25. Add a few drops of black rice vinegar to intensify the flavour.
Our tradition: Only the birthday boy or girl gets 2 poached eggs, everyone else just receives one. This is just to highlight that today is their special day.