Meatballs are great in soup and they can be made in advance or you can use frozen fish balls as an alternative.
Now meatballs in soup - doesn't that sounds like a filling meal already?
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!
The perfect winter warmer soup for the cold days.
Healthy but naughty....hey! You can't just pick out the meatballs .... you have to eat the healthy tofu and nutritious veggie too!
- Baby Mustard Cabbage (aka Gai Choy) x 1 bunch
- Pre-made meat balls x 12
(See Meatball Recipe Here:
Mini Parsley Meatballs Recipe
- Premium chicken stock 2L
- Silk tofu sliced x 1 packet
- Bonito flakes 10g
- Sesame seaweed mix 5g
- Light soy sauce 10ml
- Mirin 5ml
- Salt to season
1. Bring a medium pot of chicken stock to a boil.
2. Cut the baby mustard cabbage in small pieces.
3.Flavor the soup with light soy sauce and a dash of mirin.
(Note: let the mustard cabbage absorb as much of the stock essence as possible, so it will have the melt-in-the mouth tenderness.)
5. Add the tofu slices and also let them simmer in the chicken stock broth.
6. Lastly, add the meatballs to the soup and cook for further 5 minutes.
7. Serve the soup hot in individual bowls.
8.Garnished with bonito flakes and sesame & seaweed seasoning.
9.Serve as per the picture.
A very hearty, soul-warming soup in a stormy night.