Monday, March 10, 2014

Cooking Lab - Baked Brie Cheese with Rosemary and Garlic

What Appetizer should I have for this evening?

A cheesy dip with a nice glass of white! Now, bet you are thinking a cheese platter. No, no, no.... I am thinking something more fanciful, gooey of deliciousness.

Yes, I am smiling gleefully. It is because this appetizer will make you smile, make you dance and the world seems so wonderful!

My first encounter with this recipe was at a Winter Carnvial 2 years ago. I was so mesmerized by the simplicity and gallibly handed over $13 for a brûlée size cheese with some crusty breads. Nevertheless, it did set an imprint on my mind.

Today I am doing a Baked Brie concoction out of my memory. Should be fairly simple. All you will need for this super harmonious savory cheesy dip are: Brie, garlic and fresh rosemary to melt together!!


(c) GMV - Got My Vote!

This is basically a fail-proof dish.
There is absolute a super easy dish and you will achieve 110% satisfaction.
and .....I get to use my favourite sourdough bread from Bourke Street Bakery.
I am so looking forward to it !!~~ Doing a little twirl. :D
Ingredients:

- Brie Cheese 
- Rosemary Twigs 
- Garlic Cloves x 2 
- Sourdough Bread x 2 pieces 

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Remove Brie from package and place in a small oven-proof dish lined with aluminium foil.

3. Using a small knife, cut 5 slits into the top of the Brie, then push rosemary twigs and 2 slices of garlic into the slits.
4. Re-cover the Brie with foil, then bake for 10 minutes or until warmed through and runny.
5. Allow the baked brie to rest for 5 minutes before cutting open and serving.

6. Meanwhile, lightly toast the sourdough bread and cut into slices.
7. Serve warm Brie cheese with sourdough bread sticks for dipping.

Dip in with crusty sourdough bread stick. YUM!! 

Don't forget the wine and a good book to read.

Cheese best served piping hot out of the oven.