These gorgeous sweet heart tarts will put a smile on everyone's face. Scrumptious prawns with asparagus are perfect as an entree dish or light lunch.Such an endearing dish. Pretty, colorful and delicious. ~
Got this secret recipe from a friend who got it from her mum. Very guarded recipe!
Sensitive information (treat with caution) - now I can see why! They are so good, once the news is out, everyone will be asking you to make them for every dinner party!
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!"*\(^o^)/*
- Garlic Prawns (See previous Cooking Lab recipe)
- Asparagus Tips
- Puff Pastry (6 sheets) $3.99
- Eggs x 3
- MAZZETTI Balsamic Vinegar Glaze $6.99
- Wild Rocket
- Parsley - roughly chopped
- Caramelized Brown Onion slices
- Roasted CherryTomatoes
- Chargrilled artichokes
- McCain's Original Potato fries $2.50
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Blue Cheese $7.00
1. Preheat oven to 220C or the grill option.
2. Grease the bake tin with some oil or butter (This will prevent stickiness and allow pie to slide out easily.)
3. Cut out the heart shapes from pastry, lay gently into the baking tin.
(Handy Tip: Use dental floss to measure the width and length around the heart tin. Line the dental floss on the pastry and let it be the guide to perfectly cut out the right sizes. Clean, easy and disposable. Who would have thought of such an use for dental floss but someone who hate to see the dentist !! ^o^)
Variation 1:4. Lightly coat the top edges with some egg to ensure a golden-kissed look.
5. Whisk 3 eggs and add some chopped parsley, then salt & pepper. (The 1st variation is just plain egg mixture.)
6. Line asparagus stems & potatoes at the base (I forget to buy the potato, so I used potato fries as substitute - tasted fantastic!)
7. Add the chargrilled artichokes.
8. Pour in the egg mixture into the baking tin.
9. Add mozzarella cheese on top, and
10. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
11. Add caramelized onion slices, roasted tomatoes and garlic prawns on the tart in the final 3 minutes.12. Just out of the oven. Stunning crisp golden heart tart filled with loads of goodness.
13. Add the roughly-chopped parsley and rocket on top.
14. Then add some blue cheese for that extra flavor 'Oomph' punch! (Optional).
15. Drizzle balsamic glaze across the pie. Add some lemon juice if you wish.
Appetizing garlic prawn tarts. Perfect as a starter or light snack!
Pretty much the same method as Variation 1, except the chopped parsley are embedded into the egg mixture.
Perfect to fool the big & small kids into eating their greens! Ha~ :)
Add some asparagus tips to decorate.Add some cracked pepper and top it off with shaved Parmesan slices.l
The finished presentation!
Double hearts and double delights!!