Simple yet elegant entree or as a side dish.
A stunning beautiful dish.
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!" ^_−☆
Tender grilled baby asparagus w crispy prosciutto. Topped with a slight anchovy flavored Caesar aioli dressing for the perfect finishing touch.
Asparagus are in season. Fresh and crisp. Couldn't help myself but bought 3 baby bunches home.
- 2 bunches asparagus woody ends trimmed and discarded.
- 3 thinly sliced of good imported Prosciuttos.
- Herbed olive oil to grease
- Shaved Parmesan, to serve.
- Lemon wedges, to serve.
Method:1. Preheat oven to Grill or to +200C
2. Wrapped 6-7 thin asparagus in each slice of Proscuitto.(Because Proscuitto is a cured meat and can become quite salty, I tend to wrap multiple asparagus together.)
3. Place all on a baking tray.
4. Prepare some herbed olive oil on stand-by.
(Tip: Use the oil from the antipasto products - ie sundried tomato, chargrilled pepper etc - they will add depth to the flavoring.)5. Lightly brush some herbed olive oil on the tips and ends of the asparagus. (The prosciutto has already got some fat, so they don't need any oil.)
6. Grill for 8-10 minutes.
7. When the asparagus became tender & the Proscuitto should be crisp. Remove from the oven.
8. In a small bowl, whisk together the Caesar Salad Dressing & PRAISE aioli.
- CARDINI - The Original Caesar Dressing 350ml $4.99
(This is the tastiest one on the market, rich and creamy.. plus it has got a nice anchovy taste, just too perfect for this dish!)
- PRAISE Deli Style - Chipotle Aioli 250ml $2.99 (This turned out to be a very versatile mayonnaise sauce. Great with wedges and good for various dishes.)
9. Plate the asparagus and spoon the caesar aioli dressing over the asparagus and prosciutto.
10. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese and season with pepper. Serve with lemon wedges.
The perfect side dishes for the warmer days. Refreshing with lemon juice.