Zucchini are in season.
I bought a bag because it was on special. Now finding ways to use them up.
As a special treat for the morning, I decided to make Zucchini Fritters. Why? Because:
1. They look crunchy and tasty;
2. I never made them before, so something new to try it out; and
3. This will use the largest amount of zucchini I can think of.
Enjoy the healthy snack stack!
Filled with goodness and energy.
Now I am ready for the day!
(c) GMV - Got My Vote" (^_^)v
Green Zucchini, grated 500g
Parmesan Cheese 40g
Parmesan Cheese powder 10g
Whole Wheat Flour 5 tbsp
Eggs x 2
Salt and Pepper to taste
Smoked Salmon 50g
Baby lettuce for garnish
1. Squeeze out the excess moisture from the grated zucchini. Then combine with wheat flour* and eggs and whisk well. Fold in the fresh and dry Parmesan cheese as well as salt & pepper to taste.
The mixture should be well mixed and not runny.
CJ Wheat Flour for Vegetable Cake 500g (Product of Korea) $1.80
[*What is wheat flour? For someone who can not differentiate between plain flour, yeast and self-raising flour... Throw in another flour type is to create trouble. I racked the pantry and this is what I found.
It is for making Korean Pancakes. Well fritters are kind like pancakes, so surely this would work (not able to understand a single symbol on the package)!
I must have struck gold - when I turned the package and read the translated nutrient information label - there and behold - this is Wheat Flour I am holding!!!!3. Cook each fritters for 3 minutes on each sides or until crispy golden brown
2. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of the mixture for each fritter. Flatten it slightly to evenly distribute the heat.
4. Keep warm on plates while cook the remaining fritters. Place smoked salmon in between each fritter and stack them tall. Place the remaining smoked salmon on top garnished with chives.
5. Voila! Serve warm with some side salad drizzled with some balsamic vinegar. (Add some sour cream or tzatziki dip if you desire.)