Somen noodles are thin wheat noodles, they are as thin as vermicelli but the taste is a lot more delicate.
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!
A very healthy and delicious noodle dish.
- 1 pack of somen noodle
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 150g pork mince
- 100g shiitake mushroom
- 1 small onion
- 4 free range eggs
- 200g winter vegetables
- 50g garlic chives
- 3 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken powder
- 1 teaspoon rock sugar
- 10g roasted white sesame seeds - 1 tablespoon black rice vinegar
2. Add some oil to the pan and brown the shiitake mushrooms.
3. Remove from pan.
4. Spray some more oil to the pan. Stir in the pork mince.
5. Fry the pork mince until caramelized.
6. Season with white pepper.
7. Return the shiitake mushrooms to the pan.
8. Add a dash of chicken powder.
9. Mix well until well-cooked.
10. Add soy sauce, mirin and rock sugar to the mixture until you get a deep golden sheen.
11. Cook somen noodles according to package. Approx 3 minutes in boiling water.
12. Drain the noodles under running cold water and set aside.
13. Add sweet chili sauce and black rice vinegar to the flavoured somen noodles. Mix well to combine.
14. Add the chicken stock and water to the pan. Bring it to a boil.
15. Poach the eggs in the broth for 60 seconds.
16. Remove and set aside.
17. Season the broth with salt. Add in the winter vegetables into the boiling broth.
18. Add in the somen noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes.
20. Add some broth to the noodles.
21. Serve with winter vegetables, shiitake mushrooms and the poached egg.
22. Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and nori flakes.
This one is an easy healthy noodle recipe and can be adapted in so many ways, depending on what you fancy and ... mostly important what you have in your fridge :)