It is a refreshing delicate Asian noodle salad using Japanese buckwheat soba noodles. It makes the perfect quick lunch or an elegant entree dish.
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!
- 500g prime scotch fillet steak
- 300g Japanese soba noodle
- 150g fresh bean sprouts
- 100g fresh coriander
- 2 ripe truss tomato
- 2 cherry radish
- 150g salted cashew nuts
- 2 green shallot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoon sesame salad dressing
- Salt and pepper to season
4.Lightly spray the fry pan with cooking oil.
5.Add a pinch of salt to the hot pan.
6. Lightly pan sear the scotch fillet steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side.
7. Rest the steaks for a couple of minutes.
8.Season lightly with salt and pepper.
9.Slice the steaks into stripes.
Look at these beautiful pinkish medium-rare steaks.
10. Bring water to a boil in a large pot.
11. Cook soba noodles according to packet instructions or until al dente.
12. Rinse under running cold water to cool.
13.Transfer to a large salad bowl, add some sesame oil and sesame salad dressing.
14.Toss well to prevent stickiness.
15.Add in the fresh diced tomato, coriander, bean sprouts and shallot pieces to the noodle salad. Doesn't this look festive already?
16.Toss well to combine.
17.Randomly scatter the cherry radish to decorate.
This makes a beautiful vegetarian salad dish as it is.
For a more substantial non-vegetarian meal, continue with the following steps:
18. Place the steak stripes on top of the noodle salad.
19. Drizzle some sesame dressing on top the steak, to harmonize nicely together with the salad.
20. Finally garnish with a handful of salted cashew nuts.
21. Ready. Serve. Enjoy.
This looks pretty spectacular.
Published Receipe: Asian Noodle Salad with Pan Seared Scotch Fillets