These tacos are loaded with beefy chili con carne and freshy guacamole salsa. They are wonderfully seasoned, addictive and crunchy. The perfect snack meal in Winter.
This batch turned out really good. Perhaps my beef & red wine chili con carne sauce was so full of flavour. Together with the refreshing Guacamole, they were so moreish – we all LOVED them.
- 500g beef mince
- 3 truss tomato
- 2 onions
- 1 can Mexican kidney beans
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 green shallot
- 300ml red wine
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon Mexican seasoning powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 10 taco shells
- 500g freshly made Guacamole
Hey look! A Mexican flag! :)
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Cook beef mince until browned.
4. Add in the onions and mix well.
5. Season with Worcestershire sauce.
6. Add half of the red wine.
7. Stir until the mince absorbed all liquids.
8. Stir in the canned tomato.
9. Add in the fresh diced tomato and the Mexican seasoning powder to the beef mixture.
10. Add in Mexican kidney beans and the rest of the red wine.
11. Let the mixture simmer for a further 15 minutes or until it forms into a thick sauce.
12. Add in a handful of sliced green shallots on top.
This chili con carne is a great winter-warmer with Mexican kidney beans and infused with red wine.
A perfect hearty appetizer to serve to friends for a casual get-together or warming yourself on a cold winter evening. It is a simple one pot meal that is utterly delicious to eat.
Make an extra large batch and freeze any leftovers. Just like pasta, it tastes better reheated. A pretty versatile condiment sauce - especially on potatoes!
13. Preheat oven to 180°C.
14. Line the baking tray with baking paper. Place taco shells slightly apart on tray, leaving in the ''wedge' at the centre of the shells.
15. Heat for 5 minutes or until warm & toasty.
16. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the chili con carne mixture into each taco shell.