Super delicious grilled unagi (eel) don!
Don't shrink away, they look just like typical fish fillets and taste10 times more flavorsome.
The combination of delicious warm Kinoko rice topped with a nicely charred unagi glazed in glistening sweet caramel sauce is totally irrestible.
(c) GMV - Got My Vote！(^O^)
We got imported frozen pre-grilled unagi from Asisn/Japanese grocer. They are frozen and sealed in a vacuum package.
- Pre-grilled Frozen Eel fillet (contain unagi sauce) x 1
- Kinoko Rice (or white steamed rice) x 2 cups
- Japanese pickled radish
- Seaweed flakes and sesame seeds.
1. To re-heat unagi, I recommended to use the grill oven.
2. Place unagi on baking paper and grill for 7 minutes or until you see bubble on top of the unagi.
3. Brush some unagi sauce on top.
4. Serve rice on bowl and add some unagi sauce on the rice. Place 2 fillets on top of the rice.
5. Add more sauce over the unagi if you prefer.
6. Serve with sprinkle of seaweed flakes and sesame seeds.
7. Place some pickled radish as garnish.
We love unagi but always refrain from ordering this whenever we visit Japanese restaurants; simply because the servings were all in miserable tiny portion size. Just like sea urchin - another my favourite but can never get enough.
Sometimes eating good food should have no restrictions - large ample portion to eat to your heart's content.
At home, I can just create that and satisfry that endless longing....and so much affordable, too!
If I wasn't feeling lazy tonight, my prefer take is to add egg tamagoyaki rolls or some Avocardo, because the texture contrast between the creamy egg/Avocardo, soft sweet unagi and crisp seaweed would be just amazing!