Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cooking Lab - Eggplant XO Bolognese Noodle

Maybe noodle dish may not impress you, but there is no denying their convenience. 

Now does this look like something from the Cabbage Doll Garden Patch?


(c) GMV - Got My Vote!(^.^)

I love my eggplants but it isn't one of the easiest ingredients to be creative with. But I want to try different ideas this Summer (and also the fact, I bought 1kg because eggplant is in peak season right now).

This is my creative fusion recipe.

An Asian-inspired comfort food equivalent of spaghetti with meat sauce.

Tonight I am using roasted eggplants to make a hearty purée. The texture reminded of Baba Ghanoush dip.

The eggplant Bolognese supposed to be a vegetarian dish, but I love my meat too much, so I crossed the veggie-label line and added meats .... Hahaha...

There is no way I am replacing my minced meat, so I am combining both.






The result was a wonderful merriment of flavour. The creamy roasted smoky eggplant pairing beautifully soy xo-sauce, topped with sweet golden chive. The leg ham added colour and texture to this otherwise a very green dish.