It is windy and cold with the occasional splash of heavy rain. Downright misery.
Definitely an indoor night with comfort blankie and a movie on the big screen TV. But what to do with food...
Well... How does a little simple tart treat made from Italian Blue Cheese and good o Frankfurt sounds?
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!"
Tonight's Creation - I named it "Child's Play."(取名：Child's Play 兒戲王國） - Gorgonzola Cheese & Frankfurt Tart served with German sauerkraut.
- Short Pastry x 3 sheets
- 150g Gorgonzola Italian Blue Cheese
- Frankfurt/ Hot Dog x 3
- Zucchinis x 3
- Eggs x 2
- Skim Milk 500ml
- Sundried Tomatoes 10g
- Fresh Cherry Tomato x 3
- Mozzarella Cheese
- German Sauerkraut
- Salt & Pepper
1. Shallow pan fry/grill the Frankfurts and the Zucchinis. Slice in equal parts.
2. Heat oven to 180 degrees.
3. Lightly oil the base & edges of the baking tins.
4. Roll out short crust pastry to fit bottom and sides of the tart and place in tin.
5. Whisk together eggs & milk and season with salt & pepper.
6. Layer base of tart with zucchini slices, followed by grilled Frankfurt slices. Arrange to form a nice circular pattern.
7. Gently pour the egg & milk mixture in.
8. Add Gorgonzola Cheese pieces & Sundried Tomatoes slices around.
9. Place half of a fresh cherry tomato at the center.
10. Lastly scattered some mozzarella cheese on top.
11. Bake for 20-30 minutes until the mixture puffs up like soufflé and the cheese melted to golden.
13. Little fun plating arrangements with dried fruits & nuts while I am waiting for the Smoked Salmon Tart version to cooked through in the oven.
14.Goes well with glazed balsamic vinegar.