Whirlwind of things to do and barely have time for lunch.
Need something quick and tasty.
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!'(＾ｰ^)ノ
Roasted Tomato Salsa w Blue Cheese on Toast.
The salsa is perfect on Brushetta. I am pressed for time, so the nearest substitute is the toast.
- Cherry Tomatoes 250g halved.
- Basil Leaves 1 cup, shredded
- Sugar 1t
- Balsamic Vinegar 1t
- Hommus spread
- Smoked Ham 1 piece, shredded
- Blue Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 160C.
2. Place tomato halves in a baking dish and sprinkle with sugar and some salt. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Slice the roasted tomatoes thinly and place in a bowl with shredded basil. Add the balsamic vinegar and mix well to combine.
4. Toast the sandwich until crispy and golden. Spread some Hommus at the base.
5. Top with shredded ham and 3T of the tomato salsa. Add some Blue Cheese to finish off the dish.
Simple & refreshing lunch!
All energized up and ready for the afternoon challenges.