Cooking should be all about ease - getting the most pleasure & compliments for the least amount of work. The golden business 80/20 rule which I applied in cooking as well.
Tonight I was tired from the full-packed weekend and just want something creamy and comforting.
A simple mushroom & leek risotto topped off with a drizzle of truffle oil. Perfect with a glass of chilled white wine.
All stirred up~
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!'(*^_^*)
Risotto is one of those dishes that can be comfort food and exquisite fine dining at the same time.
Don't you agree? As pretty as a haute cuisine and as easy as ABC!Ingredients:
- Italian Arborio Rice 2 cups
- 1 slim leek (white & pale green parts only) thinly sliced diagonally.
- Button Mushroom sliced 2 cups
- Baby frozen peas 1 cup.
- Bacon 2 rashes
- White wine 1/2 cup
- White Truffle Oil 1T/s
- Butter 1 t/s
- Chicken Stock 4 cups/1 L
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Baby Rocket
- Dry Fruits & Nuts to garnish
- Salt & Pepper
1. Heat oil over medium and shallow pan fried the bacon to crisp.
2. Use the reminder of the bacon oil and sauté the leeks until soft. Toss in the mushrooms and cook until soft and brown. Remove from pan.
3.Add butter to the mushroom jus in the same pan, allow to melt over medium heat.
4. Add in the rice and stir until well-coated in the butter oil. Pour in the glass of wine and simmer, stir until the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Add stock and simmer, stir again. Continue to add the stock this way until the rice is plump and tender.
6. Stir the leeks and mushrooms into the rice and let the last liquid stock evaporate
7. Fold in the green peas in the final 3 minutes and let the residual heat to cook the pea through. Turn off remove from the heat.
8. Toss the bacon slices on top.
(Tip: Any meats, seafood or vegetables are added to the risotto towards the end of cooking time.)
9. Serve risotto with shaved Parmesan cheese and cracked pepper.
10. Garnish with baby rocket and dried fruit & nut pieces.
-White wine: Jacob's Creek Chardonnay Pinot Noir Brut Cuvée 200ml 11% Alc
-Chicken Stock: CAMPBELL'S Real Stock Chicken 1L
-Olive oil: MORO Extra Light Olive Oil (Aceite Oliva Espańol) 500ml Product of Spain.
-White Truffle oil: COLAVITA Condiment - Truffolio $19.90 ( White truffle flavored extra virgin olive oil 250ml Product of Italy.)
This hearty dish combined all my favorites - the leeks bring a nice fresh but subtle onion flavor; the irresistible crispy bacon slices and the peas are a nice burst of brightness to finish it all off .
The dried fruit & nut pieces added the perfect unique complement to the truffle risotto. Accompany with peppery baby rocket salad.
A whole new level of deliciousness!