(c) GMV - Got My Vote!
This is just a good home-cooked lazy Sunday brunch recipe in this cold wintry season.
This is that type breakfast dish that makes a cold gloomy day seems so much brighter. When you know this Spanish-style baked egg is on the card, you would skip Egg Benedict for this.
It is seriously delicious and just let you know, it contains oozy eggs, ham, potato, tomato and hash browns!
It is a versatile dish where you can add or substitute ingredients at your fancy.
- 4 slices of rustic bread slices
- 2 eggs
- 1 small spring onion
- 1 large potato
- 2 slices of hash brown
- 200g leg ham
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 100g marinated spinach
- 1 handful mixed cheese
- 50g Spanish salsa verde
- 50g Spanish BBQ sauce
- Sea salt flakes and black pepper
- 2 tablespoon of truffle olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of truffle mushroom paste (optional)
- 30g marinated spinach
7. Top with grilled ham slices.
8. Make a well in the middle and break an egg into each dish.
9. Place each dish into the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes depending on how you you like your egg.
10. 3 minutes before the baked egg is done, add the Spanish salsa and BBQ sauce on top.
11. Sprinkle a handful of grated cheese and baked for a further 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted and golden.
12. Carefully take out the baked egg from the oven. Careful it is super hot.
13. Garnish with marinated spinach on top.
14. Season with salt flakes and cracked black pepper.
Serve as it is. I can't wait so I like to just dig in.
Just look at the oozing egg yolk.
For a more 'complete' dish:
15. Toast the breads until golden and crusty.
16. Spread with truffle mushroom paste (optional)
17. Top with fresh avocado and tomato slices.
18. Serve together with the baked egg.
19. You can just dip the bread into the baked egg; or you can eat it like a bruschetta.
It is finger-licking good any way you eat it.
20. Eat them while they’re still hot!
Ohhh.... this is too good!
This is the perfect weekend dish where you can throw everything into the oven while making a cup of coffee. When you hear the *ding* sound, a delicious easy lazy dish is ready. Complete with oozing egg and full of flavours.
I love the vibrant colours of this dish! It tastes as good as it looks.