The pressed firm tofu is already cooked, so you really just need to heat it up. Tonight, I am doing a good hearty stir-fry with dried squid and some home-grown green chili pepper.
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!
It is a simple dish yet packed with intense flavour.
- 6 blocks five-spice firm tofu
- 300g pork fillet
- 200g long green chili pepper
- 150g dried squid (available from leading Korean supermarkets)
- 50g green shallot
- 5g red chili
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1-2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and white pepper to season
8. In the same pan, stir fry the five-spice tofu until fragrant.
The mild green chili pepper is perfect for a dish like this one.