The simplest dough for first-timer!
Until today I would not touch any cooking that involved yeast, kneading and various type of flour.... but this is so simple and soooooo tasty!!
Gozlemes is synonym to outdoor market in Sydney where you will see ladies in white rolling and making gozleme while you wait.
Instead of the typical Spinach & Fetta Gozleme sold at the market - I opted for a fancier filling of Kale infused with healthy-plus flaxseed oil~~
(c) GMV - Got My Vote!
- Plain flour 2 cups
- Water 3/4 cup
- Organic Flax Seed Oil 1/4 cup
- Salt 1 t/s
- Smoky Beef & Bacon Sausages
Kale & Feta Filling:
- Kale leaves 300g
- Danish Feta 150g
- Egg 1
- Salt & Pepper to season
1. To make the dough - sift flour and salt together into a large bowl. Slowly add the add the water & flaxseed oil and mix to combine into a firm ball.
2. Knead the dough on a flour surface for 10 minutes until silky smooth and elastic.
3. Place the dough back in bowl to rest for 30 minutes.
5. Add chopped Kale leaves to a separate bowl, then the crumble feta and the egg. Mix well to combine.
6. Once the dough has rested, divided into 4 equal parts.
7. Roll out each part as thin as possible and as wide as possible using a rolling pin.
9. Lift one end and fold in half. Seal the edges with the pressure of your fingers. (To avoid overlap edges as it will creat a thick doughy edges).
*The dough is fairly easy to work, it doesn't shrink too much or stick to the surface.*
11. Shallow fry Gozleme until golden. Spray with more olive oil if necessary. Flip and fry the other side.
12. Slice into 8 pieces and serve with fresh squeeze lemons.
It tasted quite nice when cold as well!!
It's my first time too and feeling proud of the result!
However they were wonderfully tasty!
Drizzle with lemon juice, it took some willpower to take photos first, then eat it!
It tastes so good and it is very healthy at the same time! A good nutritious snack to have at any time - even for breakfast! Perhaps I can set up my own food stall at the market :)