This sesame oil scented sticky rice is utterly delicious. The appearance of this special dish is usually reserved for special occasions.
The glutinous texture of the rice mixed with the salty essence of fried onion is so intensely flavoursome. Together with the meaty pork, earthy mushrooms and the fragrant sesame oil; without a doubt, this is the ultimate culinary delight.
- 3 cups of glutinous rice
- 150g shiitake mushrooms
- 350g pork belly slices
- 200g fresh eschalot
- 50g dried shrimps
- 50g dried squid
- 3 tablespoon soya sauce
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon rock sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 10g salt
- 10g rock sugar
- 5g white pepper
- 10ml sweet chili sauce
1. Soak the glutinous rice in water for 2 hours.
2. Soak the dried squid for 1 hour or until soften.
To prepare the Fried Eschalot Oil:
3. Finely dice the eschalots.
4. Heat 3 tablespoon of oil in a large wok on medium heat, and cook the diced eschalots.
5. Gently fried the eschalots until they are golden.
6. Remove and set aside.
18. Place the rice into a steamer and steam on high heat for 40 minutes or until the glutinous rice is soften and taste chewy.
21. Serve with coriander garnishes and sweet chili sauce.
Home-made sticky rice is just utterly delicious. It is generously covered with fried shrimps, squids and mushrooms. Sometime the simplest things in life often are the best.