I love cauliflower! But it's Picky P's absolute hate.
When I went to Sail at Lavender Bay, I absolutely loved their side dish over the mains. Today I am going to concot up a diet-light mac-n-cheese version to sneak in some cauliflower for Picky P.
(c) GMV - Got My Vote! （≧∇≦）
It's my new favourite comfort food for Spring! Who can exercise self-control over this creamy cheesy yummy pasta dish?
-2 cups macaroni
-3 cups cauliflower florets
-1 cup white cream lasagne sauce
-6 slices of vintage cheddar cheese
-50g grated parmesan cheese
-30ml black truffle oil
-20g fresh parsley leaves
-Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Cook cauliflower floret in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
3.Cook the pasta in the cauliflower broth until al-dente. Drain and remove.
4. Drizzle some truffle oil on the macaroni to prevent sticking.
5. Stir the lasagne white sauce with the pasta and the cauliflower.
6. Spread macaroni & cauliflower mixture into a baking dish.
7. Add 3 slices of cheese on top.
8. Place into the oven and bake until cheese melted and turned bubbly.
11.Garnish with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.