The avocado, feta and lemon on a crusty sourdough is such a delicious combination. It tastes great on its own but I prefer with prosciutto and a poached egg on top for good measure :)
(c) GMV - Got My Vote! (*^◯^*)
I added some Italian prosciutto and an oozing poached egg for that extra oomph. It is totally tasty and I'd go back for second helpings.
Seriously, this is the perfect lazy cafe-style breakfast in under 30 minutes.
- 4 slices of sourdough bread
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lemon
- 50g Danish feta
- 10g Italian prosciutto
- 2 eggs
- 100g baby Kale salad
Methods:1. Pre-heat the grill and lightly brush the sourdough bread with olive oil on both sides and toast for 1-2 minutes on each side.
2. At the same time crisp up the prosciutto slices under the grill.
3. Place chopped avocado and feta into a bowl.
4. Squeeze in half of lemon and gently mix together.
5. Fill a saucepan with 1L of water. Bring it to boil and reduce to a simmer. Add 1/2 lime juice.
6. Poach the eggs for 2-3 minutes or until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
7. Remove with a spoon.
8.Liberally spread the sourdough toast with the smashed avocado mixture.
9. The smashed avocado toast tastes great as it is. It is perfect for vegetarians.
10.Place prosciutto slices on top to add extra flavour.
11.Gently place the poached egg on top.
12. Serve with baby kale salad.
This is a really easy breakfast dish to make and absolutely perfect for a lazy weekend brunch.
I highly recommend to make extra servings as it is great as a sandwich spread, salad topping or even as a healthy guacamole dip alternative!
Published Recipe: A Smashing Avocado Breakfast